Kirkby is a beautiful and peaceful village and civil parish in Hambleton district of North Yorkshire, near Great Busby and 1 mile south of Stokesley. It is surrounded by lovely countryside and is a great place to go walking or cycling. The parish church of St Augustine was built in 1815 to replace a mediaeval building. The chancel was rebuilt in the early 1900s by London architect Temple Moore. It is a grade II listed building. The Black Horse Inn in Kirkby is a traditional northern hostelry, and a great place to stop and have a pint with the locals.