1 results found in Cleator
Wi-Fi Available. Pets Welcome. Disabled Access. On Site Parking.
Hotels, Guest accommodation & Self Catering in Cleator
Cleator village is located on the River Ehen, which is joined by the River Keekle at Longlands Lake and is situated 1½ miles south of the town of Cleator Moor on the A5086 road. Cleator was the original village, Cleator Moor being the moor above the village. St Mary’s Roman Catholic Church, opened in 1872, was designed by E.W. Pugin. Within the grounds is the Grotto, built in 1927. Just outside Cleator, on the way to Egremont, is Longlands lake, on the site of the former Longlands iron ore mine, and nearby the Clints Quarry Nature Reserve, a scheduled Site of Special Scientific Interest and of considerable botanical and geological importance.